- We educate policymakers about developers and the app industry.
- We inform Alliance members about legal and legislative issues that may affect their work.
- We encourage action in favor of or opposition to policy outcomes that could impact developers and the app economy.
Developers should have the freedom to focus on innovating and creating great apps that improve peoples’ lives, and in doing so to help expand the economy and create good jobs. Accordingly, the Apps Alliance identifies and responds to public policy proposals based on our members’ analysis of the following foundational principles:
- Does the proposal support innovation?
- Does the proposal discriminate against the app economy?
- Does the proposal encourage competition, openness and opportunity?