Washington, D.C. (January 8, 2013) – Today, the Application Developers Alliance announced its 2013 Board of Directors. The Board welcomed five new members from across the industry, including an award winning app development company, an app service provider, a national startup accelerator, and two global manufacturers and technology leaders.
New Directors include:
· Nicole Glaros, Managing Director, TechStars
· Hod Greeley, Director, Samsung Media Solution Center America
· Michael Prichard, Founder/CTO, WillowTree Apps
· Lynda Smith, SVP/CMO, Twilio
· Simon Walker, Head of Developer Programs, Dolby Laboratories
“The formation of the Application Developers Alliance has been a critical step toward ensuring best practices and representation for this rapidly accelerating industry. In accepting a place on the Board, I look forward to taking a guiding role in shaping these practices. TechStars works with dozens of innovative startups in the app industry, and I’m pleased to bring their insight to the Alliance Board,” said Nicole Glaros, Managing Director of TechStars.
"WillowTree Apps is one of the largest mobile development companies in the U.S., and we're excited to bring our experience to the Application Developers Alliance Board of Directors. We joined because the Alliance gives our industry a voice, and we're ready to take a leading role in working with them to advance the industry,” said Michael Prichard, Founder and CTO of WillowTree Apps.
The 2013 Board of Directors also includes:
· Chairman of the Board: Joel Spolsky, CEO and Co-founder, Fog Creek Software
· Philippe Browning, Vice President, Advertising and Operations, CBS Interactive
· Don Dodge, Developer Advocate, Google
· Josh Hartwell, CEO, Mobile Deluxe
· Geoff Hollingworth, Head of Business Innovation, Silicon Valley, Ericsson
· David Kennedy, CEO, appMobi
· Andrew Maltin, CEO, Co-founder, MEDL Mobile
· Josh Matthews, CEO, Co-founder, Apkudo, Inc.
· Alex Moazed, President & CEO, Applico
· Todd Moore, Founder, TMSOFT
· Naomi Morita, Vice President, Product Development, Locaid
· Grant Neerings, Chief Technology Officer, DIY Media, Inc.
· Alec Saunders, Vice President of Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development, RIM
· Edward Schmit, Executive Director, AT&T Developer Program
· Robert Scoble, Startup Liaison Officer, Rackspace
“Much of the success of our first year was due to the guidance and support of our remarkable founding Board of Directors. We are excited to build on that momentum and that foundation in the coming year. The wide range of expertise that our Board members bring to the table enables us to better represent and serve our members,” said Alliance President Jon Potter. “We are thrilled to be working with the Board and our thousands of members to empower developers, support the industry, and help innovators become entrepreneurs.”
Meet members of the Application Developers Alliance Board of Directors during Developer University at the Consumer Electronics Show on Thursday, January 10, at 1:30 PM. Find more information and register here.
About The Application Developers Alliance
The Application Developers Alliance is an industry association dedicated to meeting the unique needs of application developers as creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs. Alliance members include more than 18,000 individual application developers and more than 100 companies, investors, and stakeholders in the apps ecosystem.